Friday, March 24, 2006

Feedback on Sleeping (Less) Rough


On Monday night I took a Homeless Bed down to The Strand to show it to the homeless who go to the soup kitchen near Charing Cross Police Station. I spoke with 5 homeless and shown them the bed, demonstrated how it works, and two (Dave and Roland) tried it out and loved it. Everyone was interested in it having already read about it in issue 10 of
The Pavement, which is a monthly magazine written for the homeless. The Pavement are helping with the approach to charities and organisations that will hopefully be able to take the bed forward into production. It was a bitterly cold night and just being out there for an hour was more than enough for me I'm sad to say...
I've also entered Sleeping (Less) Rough into DesignBoom's Shelter In a Cart Competition, which closed a week ago

No comments: